The College where I work (it’s sponsored by my monastery) is in the midst of its annual fund appeal. They are seeking 100% participation of all who work here.
I made a very modest donation. It certainly does not cover the cost of
- printing special post-it pads
- student worker wages to hand-write hundreds of messages
- more wages to post them on walls, stairs, floors all over campus
- janitor wages to clean them up tomorrow
- frequent painting of smudgy walls
Paradox: the Benedictine value emphasized this year is Stewardship.